Joint Base Charleston Air and Space Expo is a free community event where the latest and greatest military and commercial aircraft will be on display in the air and on the ground. The main event will feature the U.S. Air Force’s elite aerial demonstration team, the U.S. Air Force Thunderbirds!
April 28, 2018
Gates open at 8:30 a.m.
....list growing by the minute!
- Prohibited Items
- Weapons of any kind including: pocket knives, pocket tools, scissors, box cutters, nun-chucks, billy clubs, largeheavy chain -linked jewelry or belts, mace/pepper spray, firearms. larger purses and drones
- Toys resembling firearms
- Spray paint/silly string
- Glass containers
- Alcohol and illegal drugs
- Bicycles and skateboards
- Heelies, roller skates and rollerblades
- Rucksacks and backpacks
- Animals and pets
- Canteens, thermoses and other hard-sided water bottles i.e. Nalgene Bottles
- Permitted Items
- Strollers and wagons for toddlers
- Diaper bags
- Lawn chairs
- Small purses
- Wheelchairs and other medical equipment/devices
- Cameras, video recorders, binoculars (must be able to demonstrate items are operable)
- Recommended Items
- Comfortable shoes
- Ear plugs/hearing protection
- Plastic water bottles
- Pen for autographs
- Safety Items
- For the safety of all visitors and aircraft, there is NO smoking on the flight line/Expo Area
- DO NOT cross the crowd fencing and ropes, as this may cause the air show to be stopped
- DO NOT touch or climb on any aircraft unless invited to do so by the aircrew
- Remember trash can be sucked into aircraft engines, damaging the aircraft and endangering the lives of the pilots and aircrew. Please keep the flight line/Expo Area litter free by using trash receptacles.
- Watch for tent ropes, aircraft tie-down chains and other triping hazards
- Observe all signs such as "NO SMOKING", "DO NOT ENTER" and "DO NOT TOUCH"
Inquiries for vendor opportunities for 2018 Joint Base Charleston Air & Space Expo should be directed to the following email: